- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- A nursing baccalaureate degree from a NLN or AACN accredited program, offered at a regionally accredited school.
- A grade of "C" or better in all undergraduate nursing courses.
- Two years of clinical practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) is preferred for all applicants
- Current and valid RN licensure in the United States.
- Completion of a statistics course with a grade of “C” or better.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Eligibility for this program is pending the successful completion of a criminal background check. For a complete list of Disqualifying Offenses, click here.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) — Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening) on the TOEFL.
- TOEFL — Computer-based: Minimum score of 213
- Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
Applications for the Master of Science, Nursing Completion Option are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. An application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted.
Applications for the Master of Science, Nursing Completion Option are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. You are encouraged to submit all required application materials at once, with the exception of official transcripts. Course size is limited, so it is best to submit application materials as soon as they are completed. Once a course has reached its enrollment capacity, applicants will be selected for an alternate list.
- Submit a completed online application form.
- Request official transcripts to be sent directly to Regis University from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems.
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
3333 Regis Blvd. A-8
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu.
- Submit a one-page typewritten personal statement (double-spaced) that addresses the essay question in the application. Instructions are given when you reach the essay portion of the online application.
- Submit three recommendation forms. Select professional and academic references that can address your academic, professional, and leadership potential. One recommendation must be from your current employer or supervisor. The recommendation forms provided must be used.
- Submit a nonrefundable $75.00 application fee. Instructions are given when you complete the payment portion of the online application.
- Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
RHCHP Office of Admissions & Student Operations, Mail-Code G-9
3333 Regis Blvd
Denver, CO 80221-1099
What is the application deadline?
The deadline is March 15, 2013 for the class beginning in Fall 2013.
What are the prerequisites for the program?
You must meet the admissions requirements which include a current unencumbered RN license, a BSN from a regionally accredited institution, and a cumulative GPA above 2.75 and 2 years of level 3 NICU experience. You must also submit all application materials before the deadline.
How long does it take to complete the program?
Students take approximately 2 years to complete the coursework
When do the classes meet?
Courses meet one day per week from 8-5.
How much does the program cost?
Based on the current tuition rates the entire program would cost just under $21,000.