Advance with a specialized post graduate certificate.
Expand your area of expertise with one of our specialized post graduate certificates offered in the Division of Counseling and Family Therapy including the following: Counseling Children and Adolescents, Counseling Military Families, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Transformative Counseling.
Prerequisites for Counseling Post-Graduate Academic Certificate Programs
- Completion of a master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a closely related clinical field from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a clinical internship within the master’s degree—600 hours minimum supervised clinical experience within the prior master’s degree program
Admission Deadlines, Applicant Interview Dates and New Student Orientation Dates
|Summer 2015 - May 4, 2015
||March 4, 2015
||April 1, 2015 Northwest Denver Campus
April 3, 2015 Colorado Springs Campus
|April 22, 2015 Broomfield Campus
|Fall 2015 - August 24, 2015
||July 1, 2015
||July 15, 2015 Northwest Denver Campus
July 17, 2015 Colorado Springs Campus
|August 19, 2015 Broomfield Campus
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript reflecting a master’s degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited institution. Documentation of completion of a clinical internship may be required by the admissions committee.
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
3333 Regis Boulevard
Mail Code: P-28
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Completed admission essays **Please note, essay topics and recommendation instructions will be emailed to you immediately after initiating the application**
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Criminal background check
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
All Counseling program applicants must submit application materials to the program prior to the admission deadline to be considered for admission.
Applicants who are offered admission to the Division of Counseling and Family Therapy must submit their response to the Office of Admissions no later than 10 business days after notification. A non-refundable deposit of $350.00 is required at the time of acceptance to guarantee a position in the program. The deposit will be applied directly to tuition.
Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.