M.S., Leadership in Healthcare Systems-Education Focus, Regis University
Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education, Regis University
BSN, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Association for Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses- AWHONN
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare- SSIH
- National Student Nurses Association-NSNA
- Sigma Theta Tau International- STTI
Research & Scholarship
- Educational technology
- Team-based learning
- Evidence-based care of the intrapartum patient
- Educating through virtual clinical excursion
Strauss-Pulse, W. Defining the Clinical Scholar. (2007-present, February, July, October) Colorado Center for Nursing Excellence’s Faculty Development Seminars, Denver, Colorado.
Horner, M., Center, D., Strauss, W., Kowalski, K., & Foss, K. (2009). Childbearing families: implementation of the clinical scholar model for clinical teaching. Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing, 23(3), 230-240.
Revision of Chapter 16: The Expectant Family: Needs and Care Olds' Maternal-Newborn Nursing & Women's Health Across the Lifespan to be published in 2011.
Awards & Recognition
2008: Excellence in Nursing, Regis University.
2008: Nightingale Award Nominee, Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (AHEC)