M.A., Adult Education with a Focus on Online Learning, University of Phoenix Denver, CO, 2004
B.S., Health Information Management, University of Central Florida Orlando, FL, 2000
- American Health Information Management Association, Student Mentor, Appointed, October 2012 – present.
- Board of Directors, Colorado Health Information Management Association. Elected, July 2012 – present.
- Colorado Health Information Management Association, Education Committee Co-Chair, Appointed, July 2012 – present.
Clinical Expertise & Certifications
- RHIA - Registered Health Information Administrator
- CPHIMS - Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems
Research & Scholarship
Green, M.A. & Bowie, M.J. (2011). Essentials of Health Information Management: Principles and Practice. Delmar Cengage Learning.
Rinker, K. (November 9, 2012). The Social Life of Health Information. NCHIMA Fall Meeting: Arvada, CO.
Rinker, K. & Carlon, S. A Hybrid PPE Using Simulation and Virtual Labs, AHIMA 2011 Faculty Development Institute and Assembly on Education Symposium, July 2011.
Awards & Recognition
The Viola Griffin Memorial Scholarship, The American Health Information Management Foundation, December 2012.