Job posted on:
09 Feb 2015
Job starts on:
02 Mar 2015
3460 West 38th Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80211
Desired Skills & Experience:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 2 years work experience preferably in education, nonprofit sector, and/or financial industry
• Presentation skills: The right candidate has the ability to conduct group and individual recruitment and training sessions for volunteers and for schools
• Experience managing a volunteer program: Recruiting, training and managing volunteer relationships a plus
• Multitask oriented: The right candidate has the ability to begin, manage and complete several projects and program relationships at one time
• Basic computer literacy a must: Minimum proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database experience preferred.
General Job Description:
The Market Program Coordinator works with the Program Manager to manage the programs in their region, which includes building partnerships, implementing programming and managing volunteers to deliver the programs. The Market Program Coordinator will also help lead targeted national program efficiency initiatives.
The Banking on Our Future (BOOF) program is Operation HOPE’s premier classroom and interactive delivery system for financial instruction for youth in grades 4 through 12. Using a growing network of trained HOPE Corps Members (Volunteers), BOOF provides at-risk youth with the tools necessary for taking control of their financial future.
HOPE Business In A Box Academies (HBIABA), powered by the Gallup-HOPE Index, is a national initiative carried out by Operation HOPE to harness the economic energy of youth and bring positive business role models into underserved communities. The goal of the initiative is to reconnect the power of education to the power of aspiration, spurring local job creation, spiking local GDP growth, and therein insuring the future prosperity of our students and our nation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Market the programs to local entities of all sorts to establish BOOF and HBIABA as the premier programs in the defined geographic area
• Help the Program Manager establish and manage relationships with corporations, financial institutions, networking and alumni associations, universities, political, education, and community groups for the advancement of the programs
• Establish and maintain working relationships with the local public schools system(s) and participating schools and community based organizations throughout the given market
• Recruit and train volunteers
• Schedule and coordinate classroom sessions with HOPE Corps Members and teachers and/or other site contacts to conduct the BOOF and HBIABA program modules
• Work with the Program Manager to establish and reach goals for students educated and volunteers recruited annually
• Work with the Program Manager to create, implement and track annual strategic plans for local program growth
• Work with Program Manager to apply for local funding opportunities
• Coordinate activity to execute periodic special events
• Provide supervision of Fellows and Interns
• Continually enhance program effectiveness locally and nationally
• Program and relationship management
• Other duties to be assigned as they arise
Adaptability, flexibility, administrative skills, analysis, control, delegation, diagnostic, interpersonal relations, leadership, learning ability, motivation, persuasiveness, planning and coordination ability, personally well organized, presentation, resilience, safety, subordinate development, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, attention to detail, cooperation, decision-making, energy, independence, information retrieval, initiative, integrity, organization, professionalism, stress tolerance, verbal fact-finding, high work standards.
Normal office environments, ability to walk, stand, sit, and talk on the phone for long periods of time in a professional manner. Flexibility with schedule, able to work on weekends. Ability to work outside the office in the field and to coordinate and facilitate classes/trainings/events throughout the region. Access to personal transportation that will allow them to travel within the designated market.
Ability to effectively manage, deliver, and grow program. Have critical thinking and be self-motivated. Willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary to meet a goal, takes time to help customers and others achieve their goals and assignments. Have resilience, integrity, and flexibility. Interest in public contact, public speaking, education, community outreach, communication of plans and ideas.
$37,000-$40,000 Commensurate with experience.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter by Friday, February 20th to:
Noemi Almodovar, Denver Program Manager
No phone calls please