Ideal for those who already possess a teaching license and for professionals seeking additional credentials, our exciting M.Ed. in Space Studies is a collaborative effort between Regis University and the Space Foundation. Five core courses (15 credit hours) and two research courses (6 credit hours) are completed through Regis University. Regis course work focuses on human development and learning, curriculum design and implementation, mentoring and support, assessment and research. Five one-week intensive classes (15 credit hours) must be taken in residency at the Space Foundation. The space studies course work includes space history, earth system science, rocketry and the biology of living in space, biological and physical research, astronomy and space technologies.
Designed by practicing professionals, the Master's in Education in Space Studies can be completed in as little as two years and the courses taken through Regis are available online. Current teachers not wishing to complete an entire Master of Education degree can take up to 9 credit hours as a non-degree seeking student.
Licensed educators and paraprofessionals are eligible to receive a 10% preferred tuition discount for all Teacher Education courses at Regis. Contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for details.
Total Degree Requirements: 36 credit hours
- Foundational course requirements: 15 credit hours
- Space studies course work: 15 credit hours (five one-week intensive classes in residency at the Space Studies Foundation)
- Research course requirements: 6 credit hours
Printable Fact Sheet: To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, please visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
Foundational Courses (15 credit hours)
||Introduction to Educational Leadership
||Curriculum Design and Implementation
||Peer Mentoring and Support
||Advanced Assessment of Student Learning
|Space Studies Elective Requirements (15 credit hours)
5 one-week intensive classes (15 credit hours) taken in residency at the Space Studies Foundation
Research Requirements (6 credit hours)
||Research Proposal Development
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 36 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
NOTE: Regis University’s Master of Education program is nationally accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC). The states of Arkansas and Kentucky do not recognize this accreditation. Please call your state council on higher education to get more details.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
Applicants seeking a master's degree from Regis University must possess a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Complete the online graduate application
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript a U.S. regionally accredited institution. Download the transcript request form.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75 on degree-bearing transcript with option of supplying additional coursework transcripts
- Critical analysis essay
- Current resume (optional)
- One recommendation from your principal, a colleague or supervisor who knows your work in a professional setting
- Copy of current teaching license
- Criminal background check: Applicants must have a $45 background check in order to complete their online application. View and print the instructions and disqualifying offenses documents to get started.
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed
||May 4, 2015
||April 6, 2015
||August 24, 2015
||July 27, 2015
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
2014-2015 Academic Year Tuition: Effective Fall 2014 - August 25, 2014
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Directed study costs $475 per credit hour.
Please note: Additional fees may apply. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.
Licensed educators and paraprofessionals are eligible to receive a 10% preferred tuition discount for teacher education courses at CPS. Contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for details.