Finance and Accounting Degree Overview
The on-campus and online MBA degree in Finance and Accounting is designed to provide a solid foundation for you to confidently provide senior management with financial reports and data, as well as offer input and recommendations on where your company could improve profitability.
The MBA degree in Finance and Accounting degree from Regis University's College for Professional Studies will help you develop managerial expertise through applications-oriented instruction, enhance your self-confidence to become an influential leader and open doors to maximizing earning power and achieving professional advancement.
You can also take advantage of privileged access to Becker™ CPA Exam Review courses through a $400 partner discount for eligible Regis graduates.
Potential Careers for Graduates with an MBA in Finance and Accounting:
- Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst
- CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
- Accounting Manager
- Corporate Controller
- Management Consultant
Total Finance and Accounting Degree Requirements: 36 credit hours
- Core requirements: 18 credit hours
- Specialization requirements: 6 credit hours
- Specialization electives: 9 credit hours
- General electives: 3 credit hours (1 course selected from the remaining MBA 600-level courses)
Printable Fact Sheet: To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, please visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
|Core Requirements (15 credit hours)
||Sustainability and the Context of Business in the 21st Century or MBAC 603 Decision Points in Marketing and Operations
||The Economics of Management
||Ethical and Legal Environment of Business
||Developing Effective Organizations
||Financial Governance, Planning and Control
|Specialization Requirements (6 credit hours)
||Interpeting Accounting Information
||Financial Decision Making
|Specialization Electives (9 credit hours)
9 credit hours (3 classes) selected from the following:
||Financial Reporting Policy and Practice
||Financial Accounting Theory
||Accounting for Non-Profit and Government Organizations
||Case Studies in Management Accounting
||Tax Influence on Business Decision Making
||Seminar in Finance and Accounting
||Income Tax Research
||Accounting Information Systems
||Financial Applications of XBRL and Interactive Data
||Investments and Portfolio Management
||Money and Banking
||International Financial Management
||Case Studies in Financial Management
||Seminar in Finance and Accounting
General Electives (3 credit hours)
Take 1 class (3 credit hours) from any 600-level course selected from the MBA program
|Capstone Requirement (3 credit hours)
||Business Platforms: A Model for the 21st Century
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 36 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
Applicants seeking an MBA in Finance and Accounting from the College for Professional Studies must possess a baccalaureate degree in any field of study from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript within 30 days of the date of application.Official transcript must reflect a baccalaureate degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. If official transcript is not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcript is received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. Official transcript must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the CPS Admission Office.
- Official GMAT score which includes a minimum 3.5 official score on the Analytical Writing portion of the exam OR one admission essay approximately 1,500 words long.
- Current resume
- Two online recommendations from colleagues or supervisors who know your work in a professional setting and are able to give specific information about your abilities and potential. The application system will automatically send an email with a link and instructions on how to submit recommendations directly to Regis.
- Faculty interview
- Students without a business undergraduate degree will have two options to complete the accounting and finance prerequisites. Learn more about the MBA prerequisites here.
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- The course work of returning students (whose degree plans have expired) and/or transfer students must have been completed less than 10 years prior to the current admission into the degree program in order to be applied toward degree requirements.
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
Students who are otherwise accepted into the MBA program but who earned a GPA of less than 2.5 from the institution granting their bachelor's degree will be accepted provisionally and must complete either MLS 501 Critical Thinking and Graduate Writing or EDFD 500 Essentials for Graduate Level Writing with a "B" or better prior to taking any 600 level classes. This requirement can be waived at the time of the student's interview only if the student has demonstrated professional experience that has clearly provided ample opportunity for the student to improve in her or his written communication skills.
Students who earned a GPA of 2.5 or greater from the institution granting their bachelor's degree but whose essay demonstrates less than graduate level writing, may also be accepted provisionally and be required to complete either MLS 501 Critical Thinking and Graduate Writing or EDFD 500 Essentials for Graduate Level Writing with a "B" or better prior to taking any 600 level classes.
Applications due two weeks prior to start date.
|Spring 8W2 - March 3, 2014
||Feb. 17, 2014
|Summer 8W1 - May 5, 2014
||Apr. 21, 2014
|Summer 8W2 - June 30, 2014
||Jun. 16, 2014
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
Regis University Degree Tuition: MBA in Finance and Accounting
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Directed study costs $810 per credit hour
Please note: Additional fees may apply to Regis University students. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.