Educational leaders are increasingly confronted by complex challenges that require knowledge of educational processes as well as strategic business and management skills. To address this growing need, Regis University has developed a graduate certificate in School Executive Leadership (Non-Endorsement) that blends curriculum from Regis University’s School of the Education and School of Management.
Total School Executive Leadership Certificate Requirements: 15 credit hours
Please note: Licensed teachers will be able to transfer the courses to Regis University’s Master’s in Educational Leadership (Principal Licensure) program and non-teachers will be able to transfer the courses into the M.S.in Adult Education and Training program.
|School Executive Leadership Certificate Requirements
||Personnel Selection and Supervision
||Peer Mentoring and Support
|EDLS 689 or EDLS 688
||School Law (EDLS 689) or School Finance (EDLS 688)
||The Leadership Management Challenge*
||Leading Change and Innovation*
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 15 credit hours
*Courses taken from the School of Management
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
How to Apply
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
Applicants seeking a graduate academic certificate from the College for Professional Studies must possess a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Application: Completed application form
- Non-refundable $75.00 application fee (waived if previously paid to Regis).
- Official degree-bearing transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited institution. Download Transcript Request Form.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75 on degree bearing transcript with option of supplying additional coursework transcripts.
- Critical analysis essay.
- Current resume (optional)
- One recommendation from your Principal, colleague or supervisor who knows your work in a professional setting.
- After your file is complete, the Admissions Committee will review all documents in your application file. The Admissions Committee will contact you regarding the status of your acceptance.
||May 5, 2014
||April 7, 2014
||August 25, 2014
||July 28, 2014
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
Classroom Tuition by Credit Hour
2013 -2014 Academic Year
This program’s curriculum draws from both the School of Management and the School of Education, so tuition costs are determined by class, based on which school that class falls under.
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||School of Management Tuition
||School of Education Tuition
||Estimated Fees for Program
|Certificate in School Executive Leadership
||6 credit hours at $810 per credit hour
||9 credit hours at $475 per credit hour