How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience.
Detailed admissions criteria and FAQs are listed below.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA - ELIGIBILITY
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale. (Note: Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 will be considered on an individual basis by the Division of Health Services Administration).
- Completion of 12 semester hours of college-level coursework prior to the HIM curriculum. One course must be English Composition.
- The following prerequisites or equivalents are recommended prior to the HIM curriculum:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II (no lab required) (6 hours)
- Principles of Accounting (3 hours)
- Introduction to Statistics (3 hours)
- Medical Terminology (2 hours)
- Eligibility for the program is pending the successful completion of a drug screening and a criminal background check. For a complete list of Disqualifying Offenses, click here.
- Eligibility for the program is pending the successful completion of the Essential Functions and Safety Forms. For a complete list of Essential Functions, click here.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening) on the TOEFL.
- TOEFL – Computer-based: Minimum score of 213
- Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
Applications for the HIM program are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. An application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted.
Transfer guides provide recommended course work from Colorado colleges to transfer to Regis University's Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management program.
You are encouraged to submit all required application materials at once, with the exception of official transcripts. Course size is limited. Once a course has reached its enrollment capacity, applicants will be selected for an alternate list.
- Submit your completed online application.
- Submit mailed transcripts to: Regis University, Office of Admissions, 3333 Regis Blvd. P-28, Denver, CO 80221-1099. You can download a transcript request form here.
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit two recommendation forms. Select professional and academic references that can address your academic, professional, and leadership potential. The recommendation forms provided must be used.
- Submit a 200-word personal statement (typewritten, double-spaced) that addresses the essay topic in the application. Instructions are given when you reach the essay portion of the online application.
- Submit a nonrefundable $40.00 application fee. Instructions are given when you complete the payment portion of the online application.
- Submit answers to the goal assessment questions found within the online application.
- Credit may be awarded for the following certifications/credentials. If applicable, submit a notarized copy of the certificate and proof of current certification:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
Office of Admissions
3333 Regis Blvd.
Mail Code P-28
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Phone: 303.388.2366 X4900 or 800.944.7667
All documents submitted during the application process become the property of Regis University.
Will this program qualify me to sit for the RHIA?
Yes. The Health Information Management program at Regis University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) which qualifies students to sit for the RHIA. Students may elect to take this certification exam while enrolled in their final term of study.
When do classes begin?
Typically new students start courses at the beginning of a semester: Spring (January), Summer (June) or Fall (August). However, some students begin taking a class mid-semester if one is offered that fits their individual academic plan.
What is the application deadline?
The Health Information Management program has a rolling admissions deadline, so it is never too late to apply! However, starting online classes requires additional preparation for both the administrator and student. It is recommended you submit your application one month prior to starting online classes.
I’ve never taken a class online. What’s it like?
While there are no specific times that students are required to login for their class, you will have tasks and assignments which are submitted each week. A detailed syllabus will be available at the beginning of each course. Courses are very interactive utilizing discussion threads to stimulate student interaction. Students are provided contact information for their professors at the beginning of each course, in case they require additional assistance.
Do I need a new computer? Does Regis support a Mac?
Regis University utilizes the WorldClass online classroom. While there are no additional technology fees for an online class, there are minimum system requirements needed to access the many features of your online class. Click here for these requirements. And, yes, we do support Mac users.
Will I qualify for financial aid?
Regis University offers a variety of financial assistance to students. Click here for additional information about types of aid and how to apply.
Class Start Dates
||January 5, 2015
||May 4, 2015
||August 24, 2015
||January 11, 2016
This is a rolling admissions program in which we accept applications at all times. You are encouraged to submit your application materials as soon as they are completed.