Software Engineering Degree Overview
Regis University's Software Engineering program educates students on the various disciplines associated with modern software engineering. In particular, the 36 credit-hour degree provides in-depth knowledge on the specification, architecture, design, implementation, testing and security of enterprise applications. Students are instructed in the industry’s “best practices”, including user-driven requirements, architecture-centric design, and the Agile iterative/incremental process. The use of layered architectures, design patterns, and application frameworks is emphasized. Languages include Java™, C# and Objective-C. Deployment platforms include desktop, server, web, and mobile environments.
Please see the Program of Study Diagram for this Software Engineering degree to learn more.
Total M.S. in Software Engineering Degree Requirements: 36 credit hours
- Core course requirements: 9 credit hours
- Degree course requirements: 3 credit hours
- Software engineering electives: 12 credit hours
- 600-level general electives: 9 credit hours
- Degree completion requirements (Capstone): 3 credit hours
Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Printable Fact Sheet: To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, please visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
|Core Requirements (9 credit hours)
||Information Technology Concepts
||IT Research Methods
|Degree Requirement (3 credit hours)
||Object-Oriented Software Engineering
|Degree Electives (12 credit hours)
Select 4 classes (12 credit hours) from the following:
||Software Requirements and Processes
||Software Quality and Test
||iOS Software Development
||Enterprise iOS Software Development
||Android Software Development
||Enterprise Android Software Development
||Java Software Development
||Advanced Java Software Development
||Enterprise Java Software Development
||Advanced Enterprise Java Software Development
||C# Software Development
||Enterprise C# Software Development
||Software Engineering Practicum I
|General Electives (9 credit hours)
|Select 3 classes (9 credit hours) from any School of Computer & Information Sciences 600-level courses.
|Degree Completion Requirement (3 credit hours)
Select 1 class (3 credit hours) from the following:
||Software Engineering Practicum II*
|*MSSE 692 is a prerequisite to MSSE 696.
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 36 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
The Master of Science in Software Engineering degree requires students to have sufficient knowledge and/or experience in database application, programming, computer networking and systems analysis and design. This is assessed for each applicant during the admission interview. Knowledge and experience can be supplemented by courses in these prerequisite areas. Not all supplemental courses must be completed prior to applying to the program, but must be completed prior to enrolling in core courses.
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or a recognized institution in another nation.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcripts either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or recognized institution in another nation. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your previously attended schools to the Office of Admissions. If official transcripts are not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcripts are received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcripts from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Two years of work experience (does not have to be computer related)
- Current resume
- Faculty interview
- Required admission essay
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
|Spring 8W2, 2015
||March 2, 2015
||February 2, 2015
|Summer 8W1, 2015
||May 4, 2015
||April 6, 2015
|Summer 8W2, 2015
||June 29, 2015
||June 1, 2015
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
2014-2015 Academic Year Tuition: Effective Fall 2014 - August 25, 2014
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Directed study costs $700 per credit hour.
Please note: Additional fees may apply. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.