Regis University's College of Computer & Information Sciences and the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI) have developed a truly international online educational experience designed to help you:
- Craft your knowledge of software engineering and database design, development, and administration in a global environment.
- Learn from international experts about artificial intelligence, real-time systems, software quality and test, database performance tuning, and PL/SQL programming.
- Cultivate research and development skills.
As a graduate of the M.S. in Software Engineering and Database Technologies program, you will be equipped with the necessary professional skills, conceptual frameworks, methods, technologies, and hands-on experience in software development, database design, development, and administration to add value to the current needs in the global marketplace and to advance your career.
Please see the Program of Study Diagram for the Masters in Software Engineering and Database Technologies degree to learn more.
Total Degree Requirements: 36 credit hours
- Core course requirements: 18 credit hours
- Electives: 12 credit hours (6 credit hours in software engineering, 6 in database technologies)
- Degree completion requirements: 6 credit hours
Printable Fact Sheet: To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
|Degree Requirements (18 credit hours)
||Fundamentals of Programming
||Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
||Oracle® Database Administration
|Database Technologies Electives (6 credit hours)
Select 2 classes from the following:
||Middleware Architectures and Database Applications
||Database Technologies and Service Oriented Architecture
||Database Backup and Recovery
||Database Performance Tuning
|Software Engineering Electives (6 credit hours)
Select 2 classes from the following:
||Software Quality and Test
|Degree Completion Requirements (6 credit hours)
Students may choose between a thesis or practicum for their degree completion.
|Thesis - take the following 2 classes:
|Practicum - take the following 2 classes:
||Database Practicum I
||Database Practicum II
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 36 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
The Master of Science in Software Engineering and Database Technologies degree requires students to have sufficient knowledge and/or experience in database application, programming, computer networking and systems analysis and design. This is assessed for each applicant during the admission interview. Knowledge and experience can be supplemented by courses in these prerequisite areas. Not all supplemental courses must be completed prior to applying to the program, but must be completed prior to enrolling in core courses.
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or a recognized institution in another nation.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcripts either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or recognized institution in another nation. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your previously attended schools to the Office of Admissions. If official transcripts are not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcripts are received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcripts from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Two years of work experience (does not have to be computer related)
- Current resume
- Faculty interview
- Required admission essay
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
|Fall 8W1, 2014
||August 25, 2014
||July 28, 2014
|Fall 8W2, 2014
||October 20, 2014
||September 22, 2014
|Spring 8W1, 2015
||January 5, 2015
||December 8, 2014
|Spring 8W2, 2015
||March 2, 2015
||February 2, 2015
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
2014-2015 Academic Year Tuition: Effective Fall 2014 - August 25, 2014
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Please note: Additional fees may apply. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.