IT Management Degree Overview
The Master of Science degree in Information Technology Management program (ITM program) is designed for leaders, programmers, developers, engineers, and other knowledge workers who aspire to lead technical teams and expand the value teams bring to their organization. Our program emphasizes moving technology out of the classroom and into the real world, assessing the impact of technology, defining the role of information literacy in decision-making, and making the most of information technologies for productivity and the improvement of local and global societies. The ITM program is ideal for organizations that employ IT leaders, and individuals who want to expand their information technology knowledge and move into IT leadership positions within an organization.
From our classrooms, through you, to your job. Our program prepares you to FACE your competition.
- Foundation courses: Build your knowledge focused on how technology impacts organizations.
- Areas of emphasis: Specialize in technology that interests you and impacts your career.
- Core courses: Integrate your career skills – oral, written and presentation – with people and business skills.
- Exit strategies: Personalize completing your program - author a thesis, collaborate on teams in a capstone course, or complete a practicum.
ITM Emphasis Areas
- Agile Technologies
- Data Science
- Database Administration
- Database Design
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Healthcare Informatics
- Information Assurance Policy Management
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineering
Students will choose one emphasis area in the ITM degree program. They can also add one course to some emphasis areas to earn a related certificate. Speak to an admissions counselor for details: 800.944.7667.
Please refer to the Program of Study Diagram for this Information Technology Management degree to learn more.
Total IT Management (ITM) Degree Requirements: 36 credit hours
- Core course requirements: 9 credit hours
- Degree course requirements: 12 credit hours
- ITM electives: 3 credit hours
- ITM emphasis area: 9 credit hours
- Degree completion requirements - Graduate Thesis, or Graduate Capstone, or Practicum II*: 3 credit hours
*Practicum I (3 credit hours) is the prerequisite for Practicum II
Printable Fact Sheet: To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
|Core Requirements (9 credit hours)
||Information Technology Concepts
||IT Research Methods
|IT Management Degree Requirements (12 credit hours)
||Strategic Information Technology
||Ethics in Information Technology
|Information Technology Project Management
|IT Management Electives (3 credit hours)
Select 1 class (3 credit hours) from the following:
||Business Process Engineering
||Supply Chain Management
||Enterprise Technology Management
||Enterprise Project Systems
|Agile Systems Development
|Managing a Secure Enterprise
|ITM Practicum I
|Take 9 Credit Hours (3 courses) From a Single Emphasis Area
||MSCI 682, MSSE 610, MSSE 640
||MSIA 670, MSIA 672, MSIA 680 or MSIA 682
||MSDS 600, MSDS 610, MSDS 650
||MSCD 600, MSCD 610, MSCD 640
||MSCD 600, MSCD 610, MSCD 650
|Enterprise Resource Planning
||Choose 3 from: MSCI 615, MSCI 625, MSCI 640 or MSCI 681
||HSA 649, HCI 615, HCI 620 or HCI 625
|Information Assurance Policy Management
||MSIA 670, MSIA 672, MSIA 674 or MSIA 678
||MSSE 600, MSSE 610, MSSE 640
||MSCT 600, MSCT 650, MSCT 680
|Degree Completion Requirement (3 credit hours)
Select 1 class (3 credit hours) from the following:
||ITM Practicum II (Note: MSCI 692 ITM Practicum I prerequisite)
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 36 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
The Master of Science in Information Technology Management degree requires students to have sufficient knowledge and/or experience in database application, programming, computer networking and systems analysis and design. This is assessed for each applicant during the admission interview. Knowledge and experience can be supplemented by courses in these prerequisite areas. Not all supplemental courses must be completed prior to applying to the Information Technology Management degree program, but must be completed prior to enrolling in core courses.
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or a recognized institution in another nation.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcripts either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or recognized institution in another nation. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your previously attended schools to the Office of Admissions. If official transcripts are not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcripts are received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcripts from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Two years of work experience (does not have to be computer related)
- Current resume
- Faculty interview
- Required admission essay
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
|Fall 8W1, 2014
||August 25, 2014
||July 28, 2014
|Fall 8W2, 2014
||October 20, 2014
||September 22, 2014
|Spring 8W1, 2015
||January 5, 2015
||December 8, 2014
|Spring 8W2, 2015
||March 2, 2015
||February 2, 2015
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
2014-2015 Academic Year Tuition: Effective Fall 2014 - August 25, 2014
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Directed study costs $700 per credit hour.
Please note: Additional fees may apply. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.