Alcohol poisoning is a health and safety issue that more and more college and university students face and can lead to death. The following are symptoms of alcohol poisoning:
- Unconsciousness, semiconsciousness, or being difficult to rouse
- Slow breathing and heartrate
- Unresponsive to pain (you can check this by pinching the back of their arm or other area of skin)
- Pale or bluish skin, especially lips and fingernail beds
- Uncontrollable vomiting
Please remember that not everyone experiencing alcohol poisoning will exhibit all of these signs. If someone is experiencing one or more of these symptoms, or if you are unsure, call 911 IMMEDIATELY! Make sure to turn the person on his/her side to prevent choking should the person vomit. Stay with the person until help arrives.