Election to membership in Alpha Sigma Nu is based on scholarship, service, and an understanding of and loyalty to the Jesuit tradition. The Chapter may, however, nominate in a single academic year fewer than four percent of the university's graduates.
Scholarship means above-average academic accomplishments and proven intellectual competence. Service means a concern for others demonstrated by activities in support of the institution or the community. Loyalty means a demonstrated commitment to the Jesuit ideals of higher education - intellectual, moral, social, and religious.
Assessment is based on a number of criteria:
- Undergraduate students who have at least Junior or Senior Standing may apply if they have 30 hours or more of Regis University transcripted semester hours completed by the end of the previous semester.
- Graduate Students require a minimum of 24 semester hours of Regis University transcripted credit completed by the end of the previous term.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Students must have distinguished themselves in displaying qualities of scholarship, loyalty, and service as defined above.
- An application
- An essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Nomination of candidates can come from self-nomination or faculty. It is strongly suggested that the faculty and advisors be informed about the ideals of Alpha Sigma Nu.
- Student must be eligible (see above criteria).
- Students should demonstrate active leadership in the service of others.