There are specific requirements that you must meet to be eligible for the HIIM program at Regis University. Please see the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale or a satisfactory score on the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). (Note: Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis by the Division of Health Services Administration.)
- Two or three years of work experience in a health care setting is strongly recommended with prior management experience preferred.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. A baccalaureate degree in health care administration/health information management is preferred.
Applications for the Masters of Science in Health Informatics and Information Management program are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. Therefore, it is to your advantage to submit your complete application as soon as it is complete. Your application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted.
You are encouraged to submit all required application materials at once, with the exception of official transcripts.
- Submit a completed application information form.
- Request official transcripts to be sent directly to Regis University from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems.
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
3333 Regis Blvd. A-8
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit two recommendation forms. Select professional and academic references that can address your academic, professional, and leadership potential. The recommendation forms provided must be used.
- Submit a 750-word typewritten personal statement (double-spaced) that addresses the essay topic in the application.
- Submit a non-refundable $75.00 application fee. Make your check payable to Regis University. You may also pay the application fee using a credit card by calling 800.388.2366 x-4344.
- Personal Interview - May be required.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) - minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening) on the Internet-based TOEFL. Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
- Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
Rueckert-Hartman Office of Admissions & Student Operations, Mail-Code G-9
3333 Regis Blvd
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Will this degree qualify me to sit for the RHIA?
The Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) licensure is not included in the MS-HIIM program. If you currently have a bachelor degree in any area, we encourage you to apply for the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Management (www.regis.edu/himct). Completion of this certificate will qualify you to sit for the RHIA licensure examination.
When does the program begin?
The MS-HIIM program begins in the both the fall and spring semesters. Please refer to the academic calendar for specific start dates in these semesters.