Combine Your Health Care Experience with Your Knowledge of Information Technology
Take advantage of an emerging field - health information technology. The M.S. in Health Care Informatices and Information Management program is designed for current health care professionals looking to expand their knowledge of systems implementation, work flow design, systems planning, security management and electronic health information management.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale or a satisfactory score on the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). (Note: Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis by the Division of Health Services Administration.)
- Two or three years of management experience in a health industry setting with exposure to health care systems is strongly recommended.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening) on the TOEFL.
- TOEFL – Computer-based: Minimum score of 213
- Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
- Applications for the HIIM program are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. An application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted.
- The ideal candidate holds a baccalaureate degree in Health Care Administration/Health Information Management or a baccalaureate degree in technology, business or other health related field. Applicants without degrees or experience in a health-related field may be required to take prerequisite course work.
Applications for the Masters of Science in Health Informatics and Information Management program are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. Your application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted.
You are encouraged to submit all required application materials at once, with the exception of official transcripts.
Submit a completed application.
Request official transcripts to be sent directly to Regis University from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems.
Submit a current resume.
Submit two recommendation forms. Select professional and academic references that can address your academic, professional, and leadership potential. The recommendation forms provided must be used.
Submit a 750-word typewritten personal statement (double-spaced) that addresses the essay topic in the application.
Submit a non-refundable $75.00 application fee. Make your check payable to Regis University. You may also pay the application fee using a credit card by calling 800.388.2366 x-4344.
Personal Interview - May be required.
Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
3333 Regis Blvd. A-8
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Office of Admissions, Mail-Code G-9
3333 Regis Blvd
Denver, CO 80221-1099
All documents submitted during the application process become the property of Regis University.
Will this degree qualify me to sit for the RHIA?
The Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) licensure is not included in the MS-HIIM program. If you currently have a bachelor degree in any area, we encourage you to apply for the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Management (www.regis.edu/himct). Completion of this certificate will qualify you to sit for the RHIA licensure examination.
When does the program begin?
The MS-HIIM program begins in the both the fall and spring semesters. Please refer to the academic calendar for specific start dates in these semesters.