The Teacher Leadership Certificate at Regis emphasizes the essential dimensions of teacher leadership and provides teachers a strong foundation to address new reform measures and meet the changing demands of 21st Century educators. The program will also address the personal and professional needs of teachers seeking to broaden their career path. Following successful completion of the coursework, the educator will receive a Regis University Academic Certificate and the official transcript will note the Teacher Leadership emphasis.
- High quality instruction by experienced educators and leaders in the field
- Credit hours from the Academic Certificate may be applied toward a master's degree
- Emphasis on process learning, collaboration, and teaching and leading through critical reflection
- Key dimensions of teacher leadership roles addressed include: advocacy and outreach, fostering learning communities, negotiation, facilitating adult learning, negotiating change processes, understanding collaboration paradigms, and using data to improve instruction
Specific Certificate Requirements
- Three years of classroom/school/district experience
- All 12 certificate credit hours must be earned through Regis University
- The certificate program must be successfully completed within three years
Listed below are the required courses for completion of this degree at Regis University. Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list below and you should contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 303.458.4126 for recent changes and updates.
Candidate must complete 4 of the 5 courses listed for a total of 12 SH to earn the Academic Certificate.
No program requirements found.
How to Apply
Take the next step in receiving a values-based education at Regis by visiting the Master of Arts in Education admissions page to learn more about application deadlines, checklists and requirements.
Ready to apply now?