- Ph.D., Communication, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- M.F.A., Communication, University of Georgia
- B.A., Speech and English, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
Academic & Professional Experience
- Dean, School of Management, Regis University
- Professor and Chair, Department of Management, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. (Retired)
- Associate Dean, Interim Chair of Accounting, and Director of Enrollment Management and Communications, School of Business Administration, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, University of Wisconsin Superior
- Vice President for Academic Affairs, Hesser College, Manchester, NH
- Interim Vice President and Dean of the College, Olivet College, Olivet, MI
- Dean, Continuing Studies, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- Executive Assistant to the President, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- Dean, Graduate School of Management, Kaplan University, Chicago, Illinois
- Trustee, Andover College, Portland Maine
- Dean, College of Business, Ellis University, Chicago, Illinois
- Academic Chair, MBA Programs, Jones International University, Englewood, CO
- President, Professional Advisory Council, National University College, Bayamon, PR
- President, The Dorris Group, Lakewood, CO
Research & Scholarship
- Confessions of a Failed Professor: Memoir of a Stranger in Paradise. Self-published, 2009.
- “Organizational Transformation”, Society for the Advancement of Management (SAM) Advanced Management Journal. Summer 1990.
Proceedings and Conferences
- "Paying for Cutting-Edge Technologies Tying Retention, Learning, and Engagement: Lessons Learned," HETL 2013 Orlando Conference, January 2013.
- "Creating High-Tech Learning Spaces: Enhancing On-Ground Learning on a Budget," HETL 2013 Orlando Conference, January 2013.
- Peer Reviewer, HETL 2013 Orlando Conference.
- Participant, Level II, Western Association of Schools and Colleges Retreat on Student Learning and Assessment, October 2010
- "A Model for New Program Creation", Career College Association Annual Conference, Spring 2005.
- "MBA for Health Professionals: How to Plan Your Career Development," Drug Information Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, May 20, 2002.
- "Leaders as Change Agents: Matching Diagnostics to Behaviors" (with Walter Einstein and Tijen Harcar), The Association of Management Fifteenth Annual International Conference, August 6-9, 1997.
- "Organizational Competitiveness and Organizational Champions" (with Harvey Kahalas). The Journal of Global Competitiveness: Proceedings of the 1997 U.S. Competitiveness in the Global Marketplace Conference
- Trainer, UMass Dartmouth's Certificate Program at Trust Insurance Company, Taunton, MA
- Trainer, "Communications for Customer Service," Titleist-Foot Joy Corporate Customer Service Representatives, Fairhaven, MA, 1997.
- Session Chair, "Managing Diversity," 1994 Conference on U.S. Competitiveness in the Global Marketplace, October 19-22, Boston, MA.
- "An Empirical Investigation of the Relationship Between the Decision Maker's Cognitive Complexity and Cognitive Moral Development" (with Omar Khalil), presented at the International Management Development Association's Fourth Annual World Business Congress, Istanbul, Turkey, July, 1995. Paper published in juried Proceedings.
- Planner and Facilitator, "TQM and Education: A Natural Alliance," University of Rhode Island, August, 1992. A workshop for high school teachers, administrators, and board members jointly sponsored by URI and the National Educational Quality Initiative.