- PhD, Intercultural Studies, School of Intercultural Studies, Fuller Graduate Schools, CA, 2008
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies, School of Intercultural Studies, Fuller Graduate Schools, CA, 2002
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, School of Intercultural Studies, Fuller Graduate Schools, CA, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, School of Intercultural & Social Studies, Moi University in Eldroret, Kenya, 1992
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Community Mediator, Los Angeles County Bar Association (www.lacba.org), Certification 2005
- Society for International Development (SID), 2010-present
- International Society for Third Sector Research (ISTR), 2011-present
- The Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA), 2010-present
- Nonprofit Academic Centers Council (NACC), Regis University Representative
Academic & Professional Experience
- Regis University, Assistant Professor & Faculty Chair, Global Nonprofit Leadership Department, Denver, CO, 2010-present
- Lifewater International, Director of Education & Training, 2008-2010
- First United Methodist Church, Community Outreach Director, Alhambra, Lost Angeles, CA, 2002-2008
- World Vision International, Community Development Specialist, Kenya, 1992-1998
- World Vision International, Multicultural Team Building Consultant, July-October 2008
- International NGO Consultant, NGO clients/schools included: Art College of Design, Pasadena, Imani Bridges, Miqlat, and Oasis International
- Cross-cultural Trainer/Consultant, Los Angeles and Central Coast, CA
- School of Intercultural Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary, Instructor-in-Training, 2006-2007
- Christian/Muslim Conflict Resolution Project, Research Fellow, September 2004-August 2007
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Co-Professor & Teaching Assistant, Graduate Course: “Resolving Cultural and Religious Conflicts”, spring 2007
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Co-Professor & Teaching Assistant, Graduate Course: "Christian Missional Response to HIV/AIDS,” summer 2006
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Research Assistant, HIV/AIDS Research Project, 2005-2006
Fuller Theological Seminary, Teaching Assistant to Professor Dr. Charles Van Engen in "Biblical Foundations of Mission,” summer 2002
Research & Scholarship
- The role of nonprofit/nongovernmental organization (NP/NGOs) in facilitating sustainable transformational community development
- The role of faith-based organizations in peace building
- Social entrepreneurship and its application in sustainable transformational community development
Research in Progress
- World Shaping Mediation –a collection of case studies of individuals who have played a mediatory role helping bring about understanding and change. This is envisioned as a collaborative online-based material that individuals from various contexts can contribute stories to.
- A qualitative analysis of nongovernmental development organizations (NGDOs) in applying social entrepreneurship as an approach for sustainable transformational community development in East Africa.
- Developing a sustainable transformational community development training manual for practitioners.
- Meme, Kinoti, Cross-cultural Skills Training: equipping for Multicultural Relationships and Teamwork, Lulu Publishing, Oct 2009.
- Meme, Kinoti and Stephanie Mar Smith, “The Family of God: An Ecclesial Model for HIV Prevention in Africa,” in Missiology: An International Review October 2008.
- Meme, Kinoti. Causes of Inter-ethnic Conflicts. In Resources for Peacemaking in Muslim-Christian Relations, edited by D. Woodberry and R. Basselin. Pasadena, CA: Fuller Press. 2006.
- "The Mission of the Church in the Context of Interethnic Conflicts" - Paper presented at the Evangelical Missiological Society - Southwestern conference - Ontario, CA. May 2006. Seminar also presented at the EMS national conference in Orlando, Florida, October 2006 – published in a book under conference papers.
Academic Publications in Progress
- World Shaping Mediations (Book and online website Manuscript)
- Sustainable Transformational Community Development: A Training of Trainers Manual (Training Unpublished)
- “Unwelcome Change: A Case Study of East African Nongovernmental Organizations (NGOs) and their Embrace of Social Entrepreneurship as a Social Development Model," Presented at the 10th International Conference of the International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR), Sienna, Italy July 2012.
- “Even with the Best of Intentions: Why NPOs/NGOs find it Difficult to Collaborate.” Presented at the North Colorado Nonprofits Resource Association’s Executive Directors training Seminar in Feb. 2012.
- “Experiential Learning for Adult Learners: A Case Study of Regis’ SOFE Program.” Presentation to the Mission Team at Regis University, March 2012.
- “Conflict of Interest Among NPO Leaders,” presentation was a training of NPO Directors and Board Members as part of the annual Center for Nonprofit Excellence’s (CNE) Standards of Excellence Training in Colorado Springs, May 2011.