The Adult Education & Training graduate certificate explores how global economic, social, and political issues influence adult education and training in the 21st century. The certificate curriculum aligns with voluntary standards set forth by the Commission for the Professors of Adult Education (CPAE).
Upon completion of the Adult Education & Training certificate, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the foundational elements of Adult Education & Training including the history and philosophy, theorists, research methods and practical application.
- Demonstrate appreciation for the diversity of adult learners by developing learning environments and experiences that address the educational needs and goals of diverse adult learners and their employers.
- Interpret and apply the key Jesuit values of service to others and leadership to create solutions to address 21st century learner and employer needs.
Certificate students will be positioned to continue in the program, if desired, and complete the Master of Science in Adult Education & Training degree program.
This certificate is composed of four classes and is offered 100% online. Classes start three times per year.
Total Certificate Requirements: 12 credit hours (4 classes)
Learn more about certificate programs offered by Regis University, including the minimum number of credit hours, cost estimates, related occupations and loan information.
Foundational Requirements (9 credit hours)*
||Survey of Adult Education & Training (3 credit hours)
||Theory of Adult Education & Training (3 credit hours)
||Research Methods & Inquiry I (3 credit hours)
Core Courses (3 credit hours) - choose 1 course from the list below:
||Training & Development for a Global Workforce (3 credit hours)
||Program Planning for Sustainable Learning (3 credit hours)
||Facilitating Learning in the 21st Century (3 credit hours)
||The Adult Educator as Change Agent (3 credit hours)
||Adult Education Leadership (3 credit hours)
TOTAL CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS: 12 credit hours
*Classes must be taken in order as listed: ADET 602, ADET 604, ADET 606, core course
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
- To apply for the Adult Education & Training certificate program, select “Master of Science in Adult Education and Training” from the list of Teacher Education programs.
- Then, in the application form step 2, select “online” from the preferred location options and select “Certificate Adult Education and Training” from the certificate options.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission:
Applicants seeking a graduate certificate in Adult Education & Training from Regis University must possess a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Application: Completed online application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited institution
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75 on degree-bearing transcript with option of supplying additional course work transcripts
- Admissions essay
- Current resume (optional)
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens.
Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
After your file is complete, the Admissions Committee will review all documents in your application file. The Admissions Committee will contact you regarding the status of your acceptance.
||January 5, 2015
||December 22, 2014
||May 4, 2015
||April 20, 2015
||August 24, 2015
||August 10, 2015
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
2014-2015 Academic Year Tuition: Effective Fall 2014 - August 25, 2014
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Please note: Additional fees may apply to students. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.